The Andragogy Consulting House (TAC House), New Delhi approached me for a customized in-house training programme for a company in Chennai. The proposed two days training programme titled “Effective Project Management” should be customized based on organization needs and ensure that the given workshop objectives were met.
About TAC House
TAC House delivers HR consulting, Customized Training Solutions, Training Products and HR Events. Their training services cover a wide gamut of programs under Soft skills, Sales, Technical and experiential learning offering. Each program is customized based on organization needs and ensures that we meet the workshops objectives.
About the Trainee Organization – MATE Chennai
Motherson Automotive Technologies & Engineering (MATE) is the polymer division of Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd (MSSL). The company is one of the largest suppliers of moulded parts, assemblies & module supplier to the Indian automotive industry. MATE manufactures a wide range of plastic components and fully equipped facilities to support customers in the automotive and the non-automotive segments.
The company has wide presence in India including facilities in the following locations:
About the Training Programme – Effective Project Management
The two-day training programme was arranged at Chennai’s Unit-3, located in Pondur village near Sriperumbudur.
The training programme started with a self-introduction of the candidates. The candidates introduced themselves with their names, their designation, their role in project management and a short bio about themselves. The participants were generally middle level managers with technical background.
Over the next two days, the training programme was conducted interactively with several Team activities, Examples, Group discussions and Case studies. The idea was to have interactive sessions with the participants, where the participants initiated lot of examples from their own work place. I worked with the group to guide them to use the standard project management methodology to their work area.
The course ended with a short evaluation procedure that tested the candidates’ understanding of the course content covered over the two days. The candidates could generally recall the concepts and apply it in the given scenario.
Course Content covered in Effective Project Management training programme
The following was the course content covered during the two days
- Introduction to project management
- What is a project?
- Examples of projects
- What is project management?
- Project management triangle
- Project management process groups, Project management knowledge areas and Project management processes
- Project Scope Management
- What is scope?
- Gold plating
- Requirements documentation, Project Scope Statement and WBS
- WBS Examples
- Project Time Management
- Decomposition of WBS into activities
- Sequencing the activities
- Estimating activity resources and durations
- Developing a schedule
- Gantt charts, Milestone Charts, Project Schedule Network Diagrams
- Critical paths
- Resource levelling
- Schedule Compression Techniques – Crashing and Fast tracking
- Project Cost Management
- Estimating activity costs
- Estimating the project budget
- Contingency reserves & Management reserves
- Direct costs and Indirect costs
- Earned Value Management
- Project Quality Management
- What is quality?
- Difference between grade and quality
- Requirements of ISO guidelines and how it aligns with PMI guidelines
- Risk based approach, Lessons learned
- PDCA and Project management cycle
- Project Risk Management
- What is risk?
- Risk probability and impact, Probability and Impact Matrix
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Control Measures
- Risk Register
- Project Communication Management
- Importance of communication in project management
- Communication plan
- Formal and informal communication, Non-verbal communications
Interested in similar training?
If you are interested in a similar training programme for your organization, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]
Certified Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)®
An enthusiastic project management practitioner and trainer.