Hi, welcome to PMPstudent.com. I am glad that you wanted to know a little bit more about me.
This is Manickavel Arumugam, author of PMPstudent.com.
I am a graduate in Civil and Structural Engineering from Annamalai University. I went on to do my post-graduation in the following fields of specialization:
- Hydrology & Water Resources Engineering from College of Engineering Guindy,
- Civil Engineering (with specialization in Structural & Construction) from National University of Singapore and
- Knowledge Engineering from National University of Singapore.
I also have a Post-graduate diploma in Business Administration.
I earned my Project Management Professional (PMP®) Credential in the year 2010 when I was in Singapore. I followed it up with PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP®) Certification in 2013.
I am an accredited Professional Engineer with Engineering Council of India (ECI) and an accredited Chartered Engineer with Institution of Engineers (India). I am a certified Quality Management Systems Auditor/ Lead Auditor for ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
Project Management Background/ Training
I am handling projects for more than two decades. I have handled several major projects of national importance in Singapore and India. I also provided support for few projects in Malyasia, Japan and the United States.
I have been training several candidates for the PMP Certification Exam since 2010. This blog is my way of contributing back to the project management profession and also it provides a channel for me to share information and discuss with several PMP aspirants.
I was involved in training the candidates with several institutes like Star Academy Singapore, R-Star Consultants Singapore, Green International Chennai and Singapore Training Academy Chennai.
I have also conducted customized corporate training programmes. The Andragogy Consulting House New Delhi engaged me to deliver a two-day training programme on Effective Project Management (Customized training for Managers of Motherson Automotive Technologies and Engineering, Chennai).
Keynote/ Guest Lectures/
I have been invited to be a keynote speaker/ guest lecturer by many engineering institutions. I have delivered speeches at prestigious institutions like IIT Madras, IIT Delhi and reputed organizations like L&T. I am listing some of them here:
- Guest Lecture on “Construction of Underground Structures” at Sri Sairam Institute of Technology, Chennai, Feb 2017
- Keynote address on “Underground construction – Possibilities and Challenges” and Jury for the paper presentation; at the National level technical symposium “Hoover 16”, held at T.J.S Engineering College, Chennai, Mar 2016
- Guest Lecture on “Scope for Civil Engineers” at Surya Polytechnic College, Vikiravandi, Mar 2016
- Guest Lecture on “Construction of Underground Structures & Related Challenges” at the Industrial Seminar for M. Tech (Construction Management) students at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Sep 2015
- Guest Lecture on “Underground Structures and Execution Techniques” at Sona College of Technology, Salem, Jul 2015
- Invited Speaker on the theme “Case Studies and Latest Developments in Construction of Diaphragm Walls for Deep Basements in Urban Environment” at the National workshop “Pile Foundations – Advances in Design and Construction Practices” conducted by Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) of India and Indian Geotechnical Society at Bhubaneswar, Apr 2015
- Keynote Lecture on the topic “Lessons to be learned from Nicoll Highway Collapse in Singapore”.at the Conference on “Deep Foundation Technologies for Infrastructure Development in India 2014” conducted by Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) of India, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS) Delhi Chapter and Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC) at IIT Delhi, Sep 2014
- Guest lecture on “Job Opportunities in Civil Engineering and Project Management System” at Knowledge Institute of Technology (KIOT), Salem, Jul 2014
- Guest lecture on “Diaphragm Wall Construction – Site Planning & Control” at L&T Construction, Chennai, Jun 2014
- Training programme on “Diaphragm wall – Construction aspects” at Chennai, Mar 2013
- Chennai Metro Rail awareness programme at Madras Gymkhana Club, Chennai, Sep 2012\
- Chennai Metro Rail awareness programme at Bharathi Women’s College, Chennai, Jul 2012